VegasJonesing.com

Jonesing for Vegas Forum
It is currently June 19th, 2019, 5:35 pm
Board index » Non Vegas Section » Non-Vegas News

Forum rules

Post articles you wish to discuss, voice criticism, add commentary or educate us on. Please make sure your posting has a link to the article, for full credit purposes. I think it is alright to quote a line or two, if you wish. Righthaven has solidified the fair use aspect. See docs/DMCArules.htm for more guidelines.

Post Posted: September 30th, 2013, 9:45 am 
Airlines promise a return to civility, for a fee

We're about John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere . . . way out here."
.....................................- - Josh Thompson

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: Vdara

Post Posted: September 30th, 2013, 2:16 pm 
My last two Vegas trips (as well as my upcoming one), I paid to upgrade to Economy Comfort on Delta and it was worth it (Except the first time in which the guy in the middle seat was taking up part of my seat. Delta actually refunded the cost of both Economy Comfort upgrades as the result of my complaining to the airline.). My last Vegas trip, they moved my seat assignment on the return flight to another seat within the Economy Comfort section and refunded the upgrade fee even though I was still in the section. I would love Economy Comfort even more if they included a free bag or perhaps a free alcoholic beverage and a selection from the buy onboard menu.

I love the earlier boarding as you're not fighting for overhead bin space, you're in one of the first few rows of coach, which on some planes means you get off just as fast as those in First Class (My last ATL-LAS flight, I was sitting in the first row of Economy Comfort on a 757-300 and had tons of legroom because it was right by the boarding door. I was the first person off, as I had my bags pulled from the overhead bin and was ready to go when the door opened.). The extra legroom is nice (if you're lucky, you might end up on a plane in which the Economy Comfort seats have extra recline, as the a/c that make international runs have extra recline in those seats.), even though the seat pitch is what most airlines used to use in coach up until about 5-10 years ago when they added seats and cut flights.

Favorite Property: Rio

Post Posted: September 30th, 2013, 4:20 pm 
I would pay for late boarding with reserved overhead bin space. Now we are talking. get on the plane just as you push off without a worry of where to stick your bags.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: October 1st, 2013, 1:09 pm 
Hmmm interesting article. I suppose since I am not a regular flier, a lot of it doesn't apply to or appeal to me. But if I did travel often, I would love to have my bags delivered straight to the hotel.

Jump to: