VegasJonesing.com

Jonesing for Vegas Forum
It is currently August 24th, 2019, 7:47 am
Board index » Jonesing For Vegas » Here's What Happened In Vegas

Favorite Property: Rio

Post Posted: May 9th, 2013, 12:30 am 
Yeah things didnt go as well as I planned. the Tuesday conference expo went from 4:30pm to 7:30pm (was suppose to be from 10:30am -5pm) They changed the times.
no one told me of any plans for Tuesday, so Dave and I went downtown for the day.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: May 9th, 2013, 8:09 pm 
I don't even remember now what Chris and I did Tuesday :icon_eek:

MAG pics

SunSET

Une bouteille d'eau

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: May 9th, 2013, 8:10 pm 

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: May 9th, 2013, 9:05 pm 
I will continue to put up pictures, in no particular order, and probably tomorrow will get around to some foodie things and some quotes/funny texts.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: May 10th, 2013, 12:48 pm 
First time I have seen this chocolate. Delicious!

Definitely not a balanced meal

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: May 10th, 2013, 12:57 pm 
Vegas Creepers:

jockey club timeshare people that insult you when you say "no thank you"

people at buffets that stand really close to you, trying to see the food.

People from other countries that stand RIGHT UP BEHIND YOU in any sort of line, or at the crosswalk. Stop, please.

People observations:

Two men walking across a crosswalk, pushing a bulldog in a wheelchair. Interesting.

A guy in an electric pink tank and neon yellow shorts. Wow.

Women in leopard print leggings. Everywhere. Yikes. I didn't get that memo.

Funny Texts:

"Sounds nice! I thinker it will taint again."

"Potassium." "What?"

"There's a guy pushing a bulldog in a wheelchair, and it isn't John."

"Stop checking out all the females. They don't allow that in Vegas, you know." "How do you know who/what I am checking out?"

"Just left MAG. No more bathroom audio that teaches you naughty french lessons." "Le disappointment."

"Freaking TSA. So bossy." "Calm down. Move forward."

"Dude brought half a gallon of milk to security." "Are you kidding me?"

"I don't need no treadmill. Vegas is a workout."

"Is there a dress code? Are Canadians allowed?"

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: May 10th, 2013, 1:12 pm 
Other Vegas observations:

The Quad is looking really good. I like the look and feel of the place, and I really like the floor. I'm really curious to see how it turns out.

Bill's....wow. They are just stripping that thing down quickly. It looks really terrible, as evidenced by the pics Mychal took. Looks like a bomb went off.

Wetlands Preserve is beautiful. Definitely an oasis in the desert and worth checking out. Not sure I would venture out there in 100 plus temps though.

Food: I got to eat at MAG three times!! Yay! Twice I had the summer cobb salad which was absolutely delicious. I also had the lemon pancakes, which they have changed up since last year. It used to be a giant round crepe, slight lemon flavor, dusted with powdered sugar and served with strawberries and whipped cream. Not so this time. Square crepe, too much lemon compote? slushy stuff? not exactly appealing. I received no strawberries or whipped cream, but I asked for some whipped cream and received it. Still tasty, but too much lemon....stuff....on top. Holstein's was DELICIOUS. I really enjoyed splitting a hamburger with hubby. Then, we ate at Munchbar two days later. Holy cow, I don't know which is better. They are neck and neck with each other, you can't go wrong either way. We had Wicked Spoon twice and it was great both times. I never get tired of eating there.

Penn and Teller. Not what I expected at all. Very political. I guess that's okay, it is their show and they can do what they want to. I left, wondering how they did those tricks, so I was entertained, that's for sure. It just wasn't what I expected.

Cosmo. What a beautiful hotel. I want to be able to call it home base from now on, LOL. The room was amazing. The hallways were very quiet. I don't know if that's because our floor wasn't full or if it is well built. Just a wonderful experience there, in all areas. Hubby gambled a little on video poker, so you never know, maybe we will get an offer. All I know is that I love that place!

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: May 10th, 2013, 1:22 pm 
So, are you sold on the point-and-shoot concept now? Great photos both indoor and out.

Louie DePalma 'Taxi'

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: May 10th, 2013, 1:38 pm 
I like any camera I can get shots out of of, except that awful small Nikon I had. Casey's canon did a great job, I am very pleased with it. It was nice to not have to lug the big one around. My next camera might be a larger Canon. Rog showed me a Sony he used, it was also small and handy, I will look into that one, too, maybe for Christmas.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: May 10th, 2013, 1:57 pm 
The Sony was an NEX6. It's a no-compromise camera that is smaller due to the mirror-less design, same goes for the other ones in the NEX series. But it's not the super-compact RX100 I was talking about. That one is roughly the same size as the one you were using, just boxier. With the RX100, you get a smaller sensor than the NEX, but one that is still a lot bigger than the point-and-shoots. It's a wonderful camera, it takes great pictures and is surprisingly quiet given its big-boy shutter mechanism. It was my main camera for a while, in between the original NEX (which had a pancake lens and no integrated flash) and the NEX6 (which now has a compact zoom lens and integrated flash). Even with the NEX6, the only thing that keeps me from almost always using RX100, is the lack of a swivel display. As I mentioned to you, that swivel display makes a really big difference for me. But for most people it wouldn't matter much.

One other thing I have noticed about the Sony cameras is that they are switching to standard micro-usb for charging. This is really, really convenient and I will not buy another camera that doesn't have this.

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: Cosmopolitan

Post Posted: May 10th, 2013, 4:38 pm 
SunSET

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Favorite Property: Rio

Post Posted: May 10th, 2013, 5:00 pm 
Alora wrote:
People observations:
A guy in an electric pink tank and neon yellow shorts. Wow...
You promised not to mention what I was wearing. :bluecry:
:rolling:

:loco:
I am loving the pictures. The thing about point & shoot VS standard lens is your depth of field/bokeh. But I love walking around with a P&S and worry less about the lack of artistic bokeh.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: May 10th, 2013, 5:51 pm 
Alora wrote:
Holstein's was DELICIOUS. I really enjoyed splitting a hamburger with hubby. Then, we ate at Munchbar two days later. Holy cow, I don't know which is better. They are neck and neck with each other, you can't go wrong either way.

What was the price difference?

Was Holstein's compliant when you were there? We had our own personal yoga trainer doing stuff for us at MunchBar.......

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: May 10th, 2013, 9:55 pm 
Evan, yeah, I just want a record of memories sometimes, not too arty, but better than average.

Rog, I don't think there was any compliance at Holsteins....They were just wearing regular outfits, I think

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: May 10th, 2013, 11:30 pm 
Alora wrote:
Evan, yeah, I just want a record of memories sometimes, not too arty, but better than average.

Wha?!?!?!?! You loved to take those artsy photos, has that changed? Those are challenging and require greater flexibility and performance in a camera.

Alora wrote:
Rog, I don't think there was any compliance at Holsteins....They were just wearing regular outfits, I think

Wha?!?!?!? Was this in the bar area? If they removed the compliance there, it would have been a very deliberate decision, and one they should be ashamed of!!!!

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: May 11th, 2013, 10:08 pm 
Rog, we ate in the back of the restaurant, not the bar area, so I have no idea what they were wearing. I'm sure they are still compliant!

Also, given everything that has gone on the last six weeks, I was just too tired to get arty. I was just lucky to be there. I will always love taking pictures, but it was such a mess just trying to get out of town, I just threw stuff in the suitcase and didn't much care about anything. Just glad I got there and had a nice time and didn't have to stay behind with a kid in the hospital.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: May 11th, 2013, 10:09 pm 
How was the Tabasco Chocolate?

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: May 12th, 2013, 9:23 am 
Pretty good, actually! It's after you swallow it that the heat hits your tongue.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: May 12th, 2013, 10:18 am 
Alora wrote:
Pretty good, actually! It's after you swallow it that the heat hits your tongue.

internet shopping ensues.......

http://www.amazon.com/Tabasco-Spicy-Dark-Chocolate-Wedges/dp/B005IBTB7Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368372736&sr=8-1&keywords=tabasco+chocolate

:icon_wink:

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: Paradise, Nevada
(look it up)

Post Posted: May 12th, 2013, 11:09 pm 
Excellent report!
I loved all the great pics and laughed again at the observations and texts. Nice job!

Jump to: