VegasJonesing.com

Jonesing for Vegas Forum
It is currently December 14th, 2017, 6:36 pm
Board index » Jonesing For Vegas » Here's What Happened In Vegas

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: Mirage

Post Posted: August 15th, 2012, 2:54 am 
Tuesday Aug 14

We decide to go to Wynn for the buffet for lunch. Stop by the panda machine and it eats our money fast. Go get the car and drive over to Wynn. Decorations inside the front door are real pretty. Over to buffet and the line is short. Buffet is good as usual. wander around and play a few machines, but no wins.

Pick up the car and drive north to go past Pawn Stars shop to see what the line is like to get in. We stopped in last year and the line is to long to stand in the heat. Drive down the strip to the Welcome Sign and back to Trop, over to one of the north/south roads and to Flamingo. Back on Flamingo, fill up at Shell and back to Mirage.

Although we're tired, I ask Sharon to play on the VP at Carnegi Deli. I get lots of play, but it was better for Sharon. She hits a Royal in hearts for $1089. This is the second one she has had and I have had one.

Back to the room to pack and rest a bit. We decide to walk over to Harrahs and go to Toby Keith's bar (cue Red Solo Cup) for supper. About a 15-20 minute wait. Food portions are large and excellent. Waitress outfits are Rog compliant. We look around the gift shop. Then I see for the first time this trip, time share hawkers. Luckily Sharon had went to the necessary room so I was not bothered.

Walk back to Mirage and play more VP. We do decent and cash out again. Sharon goes up to the room to shower and I play some more.

Then I stop at the slot club to check on comps. He comps a good percentage of our food. About what I expect as we are probably mid level players, definitely not high rollers. Tomorrow have to check out by 11:00. Flight not until about 3:30. Thanks United for dropping the earlier flight (continental was at 11:00)

Hopefully next year will be in our usual September time.

BTW - It's still HOT,HOT, HOT. But it has cooled off and rained back home.

Mirage cocktail waitresses have new outfits that look much nicer.

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: August 15th, 2012, 6:26 am 
All in all, a very good and entertaining TR, Jim. Always nice to hit a royal on the last day.

BTW, was it hot in Las Vegas while you were there?

Louie DePalma 'Taxi'

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: August 15th, 2012, 3:42 pm 
Thanks for the TR. I enjoyed your trip.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: August 15th, 2012, 3:56 pm 
I must be the only person who has never hit a royal of any kind...............

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: Rio

Post Posted: August 15th, 2012, 7:15 pm 
No, that would be Tony. There are at least two of you.

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: Treasure Island - Golden Nugget

Post Posted: August 16th, 2012, 1:08 am 
rog wrote:

me too

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: August 16th, 2012, 9:03 am 
rog wrote:

I felt the same way the first few years after I started dedicating more time to VP. I guess it took 5 years to get the first one; then the second came less than an hour later. That was 9 years ago and I've got 4 under my belt now, the last coming last year in Lake Charles.

You just never know. If you enjoy the game, just keep playing and it will happen eventually.

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: Treasure Island - Golden Nugget

Post Posted: August 16th, 2012, 10:14 am 
TexVP wrote:
rog wrote:

I felt the same way the first few years after I started dedicating more time to VP. I guess it took 5 years to get the first one; then the second came less than an hour later. That was 9 years ago and I've got 4 under my belt now, the last coming last year in Lake Charles.

You just never know. If you enjoy the game, just keep playing and it will happen eventually.

I have been playing Video poker since 1989 and have played a lot since 2002 and still have not hit one. I'm starting to think it may not happen

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: THE El Cortez

Post Posted: August 16th, 2012, 11:15 am 
donnymac66 wrote:
I have been playing Video poker since 1989 and have played a lot since 2002 and still have not hit one. I'm starting to think it may not happen

:+1:

Granted, I probably don't play as much as some of you guys, but I know I've played enough hands - statistically - to have seen one by now.

"There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't." - Unknown

1000100 1100101 1110010 1100101 1101011 1000001 1101100 1101100 1111001 1101110

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: Mirage

Post Posted: August 16th, 2012, 12:26 pm 
Histo - Thanks - When we went to Aruba with a group in '94, that song played so much that my wife is still sick of it. So it's our little "it's pretty warm outside".

We thought the same as everyone else on never getting a royal, but it happens when least expected.

Jump to: