VegasJonesing.com

Jonesing for Vegas Forum
It is currently December 16th, 2017, 6:15 pm
Board index » Jonesing For Vegas » Here's What Happened In Vegas

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: Mirage

Post Posted: August 14th, 2012, 12:22 pm 
Monday Aug 13

We go to Cravings for Sharon to get her fresh omelet. The line is longer than we have seen this trip. I then stop at the Panda slot while she makes a necessary stop. My slot card will not work. I try it in a couple of other machines and no go. (My room key did not work last night either) So I head over to slot club and get it replaced. Go back and play Panda for a bit.

Then go to VIP room and get room key replaced. And now off to Red Rock.

I stopped to take a pic right before the pay station. Sharon said the car that passed us, the driver said "WOW". There are rain clouds in the vicinity. Not close enough to rain on us, but still some rain in the mountains. The plants in Red Rock look greener than normal. Maybe there has been some rain in the area. This is always a nice way to spend a few hours.

BTW - It's still HOT, HOT, HOT.

Back to the strip and go to Cosmo for the first time. Getting in and out of the valet is confusing the first time. Cosmo is nice. I take Sharon's pic in the shoe (it's on my Facebook page). Looks to be several nice bars/lounges. The VP pay tables are bad though. It only keeps getting worse on the strip.

Back to the room to rest a bit. Cab to downtown. I really don't want to drive there.
Walk around and check out the Krylon painters. Some beautiful work, but we don't have any room to hang more. The street performers are out. Among them - a Grim Reaper and a guy dressed as a showgirl (UGLY). I do have Sharon take my pic with Spock. We see a couple of FSE shows. Don McLean's American Pie which seems to be the only one I ever see. And Bon Jovi (Bone Javi as my niece says). The we go to Lili's in the Nugget for supper. The Hot and Sour Soup and Won Ton soups are excellent. Service is great too. Cab back to Mirage. Fare is lower coming back because when leaving Mirage, you have to go out onto the strip and with traffic, it takes longer.

Call it a night as I'm really tired.

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: Rio

Post Posted: August 14th, 2012, 3:21 pm 
We self park at Cosmo. I find it easier to be honest. We take a drive around Red Rock area every trip, whether we need it or not. I think we have seen it every season now. The colour changes are great.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: August 14th, 2012, 11:06 pm 
I like those painters. They must go home high every day. Last trip I got a couple of batman ones, one batman and one joker. I am not a big batman fan, but I thought they looked nice. I am not sure where to put them now, maybe I just had beer goggles.......

On Cosmo, I initially thought all the hype was a bit excessive, since it seemed to me all they did was make sure to be a bit more old-school shiny. But I have come to appreciate the property more. I love their old-school-dressed go-go dancers in the front, and though it's just superficial shininess, there's still a lot more for me to take pics of. I do wish they hadn't bought into the softer-is-better bed theory in their rooms, but oh well, I'll just have to visit instead of staying there.

Jump to: