Jonesing for Vegas Forum
It is currently December 14th, 2017, 6:45 pm
Board index » Jonesing For Vegas » Here's What Happened In Vegas

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: Mirage

Post Posted: August 12th, 2012, 12:57 pm 
Sat Aug 11

Today was a much slower paced day.

Went to Cravings and had an omelet and fruit for lunch. I played Sharon's Panda machine and won. She didn't do well on it. We just played around Mirage for a while.

Went back to room to use the jacuzzi tub. Boy did it feel good on my aching legs.

BTW - Did I say it's HOT, HOT, HOT this week?

Housekeeping showed up to take care of the room, so we went and played around Mirage some more.

Then back to room to change to go to Sharon's favorite steakhouse. Emeril's Delmonico. I made reservations on line in the middle of July. I had a Mai Tai for $15 while waiting for table. I had the vegetable soup for appetizer and Sharon had wilted spinach salad. The salad had a deep fat fried egg in it. Sharon had her favorite Filet Mignon and I had the bone in Rib Eye. Split a twice baked potato for veggie. And had sorbet for dessert. Roughly $200 for the meal.

She stopped at the Swarovski Crystal booth on the way out and gets a swan necklace. But, she has to go to the shop upstairs to get an extender to make it longer.

It being about 9:30, the club people are all over the place getting ready for Saturday night. The line is forming to get into TAO already.

On the walk across the strip to Mirage, we feel a few sprinkles of rain.

Go play some VP, We each hit a quad. Then I have a straight dealt to me. 4 Spades and a heart. Discard the heart and the spade pops up for a straight flush. (Not the Royal) Then the girl next to me hits four deuces on Deuces Wild. Since I'm tired, call it a night.

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: August 12th, 2012, 1:06 pm 
How was the veggie soup--was it a hearty, higher calorie type, or a lighter type?

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: Rio

Post Posted: August 12th, 2012, 3:52 pm 
Rain in August? I'm surprised.

Straight flush is good.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: August 12th, 2012, 4:27 pm 
August is monsoon season out there. Unfortunately (at least for needed water) it's been mostly absent the last few years.

Louie DePalma 'Taxi'

Standard Member

Post Posted: August 12th, 2012, 4:44 pm 
I remember that rain & flood very well. It was one of the rare times that I didn't have to be out in it. Most of our monsoon season is like today's weather: hot and sticky (for us, anyway) with storm clouds piling up around us but not bringing much, if any, rain. When the rain does fall, it can occasionally fall very hard, very fast.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: August 13th, 2012, 8:46 am 
The bone in rib eye at delmonico is the best steak I have ever had in my life!

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: Mirage

Post Posted: August 13th, 2012, 12:31 pm 
Rog - The veggie soup was heavy on beans and taters with carrots and a couple of other things in it. Tasted good, but could have had more broth and less stuff. Still good.

Pebbles and historian - We were told the next day that it rained most of the night. Could not prove it by us though.

Sky - I agree - I had the bone in rib eye my last two trips. Sharon swears by the filet, though.

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: Vdara

Post Posted: August 13th, 2012, 3:26 pm 
skybank wrote:
The bone in rib eye at delmonico is the best steak I have ever had in my life!

It's hard to be a rib eye period. I used to be a filet guy until a few years ago when my uncle gave everyone in the family that eats meat some rib-eyes from Omaha Steaks and that's the only cut I want now (Although the Kansas City Strip I had at Triple George back in December was a home run and to me, the steaks I've had at Triple George are among the best steaks I have ever eaten at a restaurant.). It's definitely hit or miss getting rib eyes at the grocery store, although that new line of premium meats Walmart is selling has some really good rib eyes. I found a local shop that sells beef from a farm up in North Carolina called Brasstown Valley and those steaks tasted like I remember steak tasting like 20+ years ago.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: November 23rd, 2012, 9:59 pm 
After the initial glow wore off I really wasn't that impressed with Delmonico. They got on my bad side when they changed out their Laguiole knives with Emeril's brand, and as I tried more places the steak wasn't any better then I had at other vegas joints.

It has been a long time, though. Perhaps I should give them another try.

Ribeye is my favorite steak, though.

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: Vdara

Post Posted: November 23rd, 2012, 11:15 pm 
brian wrote:
After the initial glow wore off I really wasn't that impressed with Delmonico. They got on my bad side when they changed out their Laguiole knives with Emeril's brand, and as I tried more places the steak wasn't any better then I had at other vegas joints.

It has been a long time, though. Perhaps I should give them another try.

Ribeye is my favorite steak, though.

I'm overdue for a repeat visit myself, although it will be hard to beat my previous meal there, as it was a group of about two dozen in the private dining room. There was two members of the wait staff assigned to the group and that was pretty impressive to me as it was my second trip to Vegas and the first pretty nice restaurant I had ever eaten in (not just in Vegas, but ever).

Jump to: