VegasJonesing.com

Jonesing for Vegas Forum
It is currently August 24th, 2019, 7:01 am
Board index » Jonesing For Vegas » Shows and Entertainment

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: June 24th, 2011, 3:21 pm 
yes, I could look all this up, but then, I wouldn't get all the interaction that I love on this board. :icon_biggrin:

My mom was interested in seeing an impersonator show. Are there any on the strip that are good? Knowing her, she isn't going to want to go off strip. Are there any Tix for Tonight type tickets for stuff like this?

We leave a week from tomorrow. :icon_eek: Good grief. Who wants to check my mail while I am gone? :icon_wink:

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: Rio

Post Posted: June 24th, 2011, 3:49 pm 
I think that the one in Harrah's is supposed to be the best. I know Luci has seen it several times, so maybe she'll let you know what she thinks. They are usually on the T4T lists.

Have you checked out the offers on foursquare? I think they will have changed again by the time you get there.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: June 24th, 2011, 8:50 pm 
I agree with Pebbles. Legends in Concert at Harrah's is the best on the Strip. I think Gordie Brown at the Golden Nugget is excellent but that doesn't fit your criteria. Also, Greg London at the Hilton is pretty good if they want to take that damn monorail. (Oops—different thread!)

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: June 24th, 2011, 9:15 pm 
LOL @ Norm. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: June 25th, 2011, 10:26 am 
I talked to my mom and she wants to stay on strip if possible, so Legends is sounding really good.

Thanks, guys!

hey, I love that damn monorail! LOL!! :icon_biggrin:

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: June 25th, 2011, 1:14 pm 
The guy with the puppets (Terry Fator?) wasn't terrible, and seemed like a very popular show as well.

Post Posted: June 25th, 2011, 3:09 pm 
brian wrote:
The guy with the puppets (Terry Fator?) wasn't terrible, and seemed like a very popular show as well.

:+1: I enjoyed his show and very entertaining to me. plus it was clean.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: June 25th, 2011, 3:37 pm 
Yep Legends in Concert is very good and we've seen it 6 or 7 times. There is sometimes one naff act which isn't really bad, just not as good as the rest.

However last trip in May, all the acts were excellent. We saw Liberace, Rod Stewart, Michael Jackson, Marilyn Monroe and Elvis always finishes the set.

I've just checked who's on the week you are there and it's Steve Tyler, Bobby Darin, Lady Gaga, Stevie Wonder and Elvis. We've gone when we haven't thought much of the line up and still really enjoyed the show.

http://www.legendsinconcert.com/locations/las-vegas/

T4T always have tickets, but it is slightly cheaper with this Travelzoo offer. Check out the show and buffet offer and that is very good value. You can use the buffet voucher within 7 days of the show so it doesn't have to be the same night.

http://www.travelzoo.com/entertainment/ ... m=signedin

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: Cosmopolitan

Post Posted: June 25th, 2011, 6:01 pm 
Alora wrote:

hey, I love that damn monorail! LOL!! :icon_biggrin:

Yeah baby! DON'T listen to Brian and those other haters :hand:

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: The Orleans

Post Posted: June 25th, 2011, 9:10 pm 
Alora,

I thoroughly enjoyed Legends in Concert back in February and plan to see it again in September. I bought the ticket from T4T and notice it's always on the board when I go. It is something you Mom and you may like as they have "legends" from all decades. When I went, the legends were Rod Stewart, Marilyn Monroe, Elvis, Liberace, Tom Jones. They change from time to time. It really is an excellent, inexpensive show.

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: The Orleans

Post Posted: June 25th, 2011, 9:15 pm 
luci5, I could hug you! I had NO idea there was a calendar which you could see which "legend" is performing!! thanks for the linkt!!

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: June 25th, 2011, 9:32 pm 
Legends is my suggestion as well. The Strat had American Superstars, which I think might have closed or closing soon.

Profile WWW  

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: June 25th, 2011, 10:42 pm 
Regarding Terry Fator, there is no way in hell I would pay cirque prices to see a ventriloquist.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: June 26th, 2011, 12:38 am 
Personally, I couldn't stand the show (with the exception of his lovely 24 year old Hawaiian wife), but my wife and I seemed to be the only people who didn't want to be there (family trip), and everybody left happy.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: June 26th, 2011, 5:55 am 
Chitown wrote:
luci5, I could hug you! I had NO idea there was a calendar which you could see which "legend" is performing!! thanks for the linkt!!

Aw, you're welcome. I actually forgot to check who was performing last time and I bought my tickets 2 months beforehand so knew when I was going.

Like I said, there have been times I have checked and not been impressed with the line up only to be surprised that I still thoroughly enjoyed the show.

There was an Elton John on one show who we thought was rubbish, but the rest were so good that it didn't spoil the show.

With T4T you should try and get your voucher early then get to the box office ASAP to get the best seats that are left.

Last time I booked through the Travelzoo offer and the seats were assigned on the confirmation. We had Row AA Seats 1-2 which were 2 front row seats in the centre next to the aisle.

The tickets at T4T are $31 general and $36 VIP + $6 fee so $74 total for general and $82 for 2 VIP tickets.

Booking through TZ we were $90 total for VIP and dinner for the 7pm show so it was a no-brainer. For VIP without the dinner it would be $69 total, but they are for the 9.30pm show only.

HTH

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: June 26th, 2011, 1:49 pm 
Excellent, Luci, thanks!

Puppets? not in this lifetime! lol

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: June 28th, 2011, 1:32 am 
brian wrote:
Personally, I couldn't stand the show (with the exception of his lovely 24 year old Hawaiian wife)

If I ever see it again, it will be because of her........ :icon_eek:

I bet they have fun on their own time, with some of her outfits from the show......... :icon_cool:

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: June 28th, 2011, 3:17 pm 
....and there goes the unraveling of my thread....... :icon_biggrin:

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: July 12th, 2011, 6:44 pm 
Did you go to Legends Alora and if so, did you like it?

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: July 13th, 2011, 10:19 am 
Luci, since this was somewhat of a working trip for me and my husband, we didn't make plans for any shows. That will have to come later when four kids aren't with us and two parents that were completely overwhelmed by Vegas. They never did see a show, they just didn't know what to see. I kept telling them, "it's vegas, you will enjoy pretty much any of the shows you are looking at." But they didn't and they said that had a good time anyway...I hope they did!

Jump to: