VegasJonesing.com

Jonesing for Vegas Forum
It is currently November 17th, 2017, 10:40 pm
Board index » Jonesing For Vegas » Shows and Entertainment

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: June 11th, 2011, 11:12 pm 
Absinthe (2x)
This is the new kid on the block. It has some pseudo-topless nudity with pasties, and some sexiness, but from a pure visual perspective it’s relatively conservative. There is some funny, graphic sexual humor. I like the show. Given the very small size of the stage, the acrobatics is surprisingly interesting, and maybe even a little palm-sweat inducing. Angel Porrino does one of the skits, but she could easily be out of the show without making it any less interesting. The skit with the roller skating couple is one of the best on the strip, with a combination of danger, a hot girl, and very well-selected music.

This show is very GF/wife-friendly. It’s not particularly guy-oriented and has some buff guys for the girls to lust after.

This show is available on tix4tonite, but not for a full half off. I found a $20 off coupon on lvol.com. Be sure to call the box office directly, to avoid tixmaster fees. 702-866-1602. This show is reportedly now one of the options for the $99 pass.

Crazy Girls (20x)
This is my current favorite show. The show has its roots in the Crazy Horse theater in Paris (like the show at MGM), but given its location at the Riv, it has a much different feel. Production values are much lower, and the theater is fairly worn and old. The showroom is a combination of tables and booths. I had avoided this show for many years, because the ads suggested that the girls would be less than appealing. However, the girls are really hot, and they refresh the cast with some regularity (to my disappointment, sometimes). It’s my favorite because it is fun, doesn’t take itself seriously, and is nowhere near bashful. The routines are simple, but have a nice dose of the basic hip shaking that guys love. It’s probably also the most personal of all the adult shows, with seats available right next to the stage, and the girls also go out into the audience for a couple of the numbers. After the show, you can take a pic with the girls, if you buy a t-shirt or one of their DVDs. A few of them also stand in the lobby of the showroom to greet you on the way out. If you go to the show enough, some of them might even greet you by name…….

The skits and comedian in the show have remained completely unchanged since I started watching it a few years ago.

This show is not particularly GF/wife-friendly, unless she likes girls and is using it as a Rhino warmup……(in which case, please invite me)

Discount tickets are available at tix4tonite, Goldstar, and directly at http://www.crazygirlslv.com/tickets.php, for about the same price. I recommend getting them directly from the CG website, since you can buy advance tix or same-day (check the cutoff). VIP for only $6 more is worth it, since it puts you right up next to the stage.

Crazy Horse Paris (15x) Now Closed
This show attempts to closely follow the actual Crazy Horse Theater in Paris, many of the skits were direct ports and the theater itself supposedly is modeled after the original. The show is mostly tables, with some booths in the back. This show quite easily has the absolute hottest girls of any show in Vegas. They are all in stunningly good shape, with lean athletic body types, no boob implants allowed (and no big boobs either), and I would not be surprised if some have a ballet background. It is a very artsy show, with a lot of interesting lighting and a great sound system. It has one of the best adult skits on the strip, where a dancer dances all over a red couch in the shape of a pair of lips. However, I find the show to be a bit impersonal. The girls are, for all practical purposes, indistinguishable from each other, especially with the wigs they wear during virtually all of their skits. The stage is also set pretty far from the seats, and there is no direct interaction with the audience.

The skits have been undergoing some changes over the past few years. I am not sure the changes were needed, but at least they have not removed my favorite skits just yet. They occasionally have guest dancers. Carmen Electra was there, and more recently, Claire Sinclair did a week run. I saw it during Claire’s run. She did a couple of the skits, including the red lips couch. For some inexplicable reason, however, they changed the skit. I liked the regular skit a lot better and had been looking forward to see her perform that same one, so I left a bit disappointed. A friend with some dancing background says that the regular skit is actually quite difficult technically, so maybe Claire just didn’t have enough time to learn it.

One of the two intermission shows, “micro-Jackson,” is hilarious.

This show is partially GF/wife-friendly. Women will appreciate the artsy nature of the show, but the performers at various times are naked except for a small patch. And no guys for the girls to see.

Discount tickets are available at tix4tonite.

Peepshow (7x)
Wow, this show has gone through a lot of cast changes, but now appears to have settled down a bit with Holly Madison as Bo Peep. It has a loose theme of Bo Peep being provided with advice about how to find a guy. The host used to be a recognizable name, starting with Mel B and cycling through a few others, but they now use one of the girls who used to be just a backup singer. The guts of the show has remained the same. It’s a large production show in a full theater, with just a few tables for the VIP section right next to the stage. The girls are all hot, and most appear to have real dance training and talent. The skits are ok, with some new and interesting stuff, but IMO nothing really special. I actually kind of like the opening/introductory video, which has a bit of a melancholy feel (along with making you think it’s impossible that Holly could not find a guy). If you see the show, make sure that the male singer is going to be Josh Strickland. I didn’t appreciate his talent until I saw the show with his understudy. Josh can seriously sing.

This show is GF/wife-friendly. I usually see lots of women in the audience, and there is a skit that is pretty much geared for women even though Holly is in it. Sometimes Holly’s friends come to the show, and at one show I could have sworn I saw Hillary Duff in the audience. Wayne Brady was there one night and got dragged up to the stage.

Discount tickets are available at tix4tonite. LVOL often has a coupon for $40 off, which is close to the tix4tonite price. Just be sure to call the box office directly, to avoid the tixmaster fees.

Fantasy (4x)
This long-running show has recently made some excellent improvements, with a new lead singer/host Lorena Peril, a refresh of the dancers, and some new skits. The showroom is a large theater, no tables. It’s a fun show, but its skits and dancers are not as hot as in several of the other shows. I’ll still see the show again at some point, because of Peril and also the dancer Soolin, who is one of the hottest dancers on the strip. Soolin was with Peril at Sin City Bad Girls, then went to the Striptease show at Sahara, before ending up at Fantasy.

This show is GF/wife-friendly in the sense that it is fairly conservative. But it has no guy eye candy in it.

Discount tickets are available at tix4tonite.

XBurlesque (10x)
This is a fun show that is somewhere in between Crazy Girls Paris and Crazy Girls in terms of the types of skits and audience interaction. They have some longtime cast members, and some seem to rotate through. One of their skits is to the song “Crazy $%^&*” by Buckcherry, and that song gives you a pretty good sense of the type of show: guy-oriented, rock-and roll, hot girls. They have changed a few skits recently, and I like the changes. The theater is quite small, with all table seating except for a few booths along the wall. Seating can actually be a bit difficult and you may end up having to look around other folks. Since seating is not assigned, a tip to the host could be worthwhile.

This show is not particularly GF/wife-friendly.

Discount tickets are available at tix4tonite and Goldstar.

Zumanity (10x)
Cirque has done a great job in making a rated R show. It really does come across as an adult, sexy Cirque show. However, although it is topless, it is still a bit conservative in what they do/show, except for the language, which is fairly graphic for a show on the strip. The opening skit, with the two girls in the large water-filled martini glass, is one of the sexiest skits on the strip. They also have a great S&M type of skit with a girl on these cool ropes. This skit has gone in and out of the show, I suspect because the audience doesn’t really know what to do with it. It might be the most edgy adult skit on the strip. Right now they have it packaged so that another routine immediately start when this one ends, that way the audience doesn’t have to figure out whether to clap. Personally I preferred it when they put the audience in that quandary. Be warned that this show has a few routines that rotate. So if you have heard of the very popular hoops girl, she might have a day off on the day you attend. I also once saw the show with only one girl in the opening water act, and it was just not as good. They also have a guy gay skit, it’s tame IMO, but they did remove it from the show for a little while after the show opened. Most of the skits have a good Cirque element to them, but a couple are fairly boring and not much different than a dance number. This is the show where the Cirque performer fell down during a routine and broke a whole bunch of her bones. That routine is now done only by her partner, a little person. He still does it without any wires.

The show is GF/Wife friendly, with lots of eye candy for women.

Discount tickets are available at tix4tonite. Most seats in the main part of the theater are good, but in the balcony seats you might miss some of the action.

Hottest Skits on the Strip
It’s a four-way tie depending on my mood. The red lips couch routine at CH Paris is pure sexiness with a girl who knows what she’s doing. The music is great, and the choreography is very hot but without any hint that you might be at a strip club. The 2-girl martini glass routine at Zumanity, is a wonderful combination of naughtiness and innocence. The Something in the Way She Moves skit at LOVE does a great job of immersing you in the experience, with a hot Cirque chick doing her routine while a movie of a sexy silhouette (like the intro part of most James Bond flicks) is projected on large flowing banners. Love is not an adult show, but this routine is still hot. And the last one, the roller skate routine in Absinthe. Pure animal magnetism, with an incredibly hot girl and some serious danger to the performers and the audience, and an excellent choice of music.

Hottest Skits on the Strip......UPDATED 4-12-12
No more 4-way tie. The red lips couch skit at CH Paris is the clear #1 for me now......Seriously hot, and also requires a serious amount of talent, from what I have learned since. I want one of those couches.......!!!!! I would say #2 is the VTS Candyman skit. No true nudity, but really fun and very sexy with a bunch of hot talented dancers. I would remove from the top the Champagne glass girls from Zumanity. Still a great opening, and love the music and mood, but ultimately, it just isn't at the level of the couch skit. I would also remove the skaters, it is very athletic, but perhaps not so hot. I may have been influenced by a local who told me that the wife in that skit was.......not so nice.......The skit in LOVE is still great but the CHParis couch skit is still better.

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: Vdara

Post Posted: June 11th, 2011, 11:56 pm 
I really enjoyed Crazy Horse Paris my last trip. The "Micro Jackson" intermission skit was definitely the better of the two skits. I actually had a decent table seat for the 10:30 show and was surprised to see a house less than half full on a Saturday night. I decided on the spur of the moment to go see it, as it was among a number of shows I had been wanting to see. It's definitely one I would go see again.

I'm seeing Absinthe in several days and based on the various reviews, it sounds like I'm in for a good show. I'm hitting the early performance and perhaps if I'm not worn out by the time Absinthe is over (I will have probably been up at least 18 hours at that point and my body clock would definitely be on Atlanta time.) I may catch X Burlesque since it's right across the street.

I've yet to see Crazy Girls, even on my first trip when I was staying at the Riv (I decided to see Splash my first night [once again, spur of the moment decision] and never really looked into seeing any other shows during my trip.

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: Paradise, Nevada
(look it up)

Post Posted: June 12th, 2011, 12:00 am 
rog wrote:
This show is not particularly GF/wife-friendly, unless she likes girls and is using it as a Rhino warmup……(in which case, please invite me)

Standard Member

Post Posted: June 29th, 2011, 3:07 pm 
Took a friend on his bachelor party night to Crazy Girls on our last trip (November 2010) and it was good. Sexy ladies and strategic lighting made for a very provocative show without being trashy. The host was a magician, which, for me, was a bonus.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: July 6th, 2011, 9:23 pm 
Crazy girls is on the agenda for next week. Have to agree with your reviews of CH Paris and X. I'd only add that I'd consider X 'modern' burlesque, or essentially strip club style show without the full stripping and better dancing.

Profile WWW  

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: July 7th, 2011, 9:48 pm 
Magician46 wrote:
Took a friend on his bachelor party night to Crazy Girls on our last trip (November 2010) and it was good. Sexy ladies and strategic lighting made for a very provocative show without being trashy. The host was a magician, which, for me, was a bonus.

Glad you liked it. Given its location and lower production values, I try to temper the expression of my enthusiasm for the show, but it has remained my favorite for a while now.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: September 9th, 2011, 2:17 pm 
Looks like I can't edit the post anymore, so I'll add it here.

Another skit to add for the hottest skits on the strip.......you won't believe I'm saying this: the Candyman song/skit at Vegas The Show!!! I saw the show again recently with a groupon. I've always liked the show, it's a fun Vegassy show and the girls are hot. Well, in the Candyman song they have the girls wearing these little candygirl outfits with puffy flared-out skirts that intentionally cover ONLY maybe 1/3 of their bethonged, dancer-round butts. W......O......W. Better than ANY of the skits in Peepshow or Fantasy. Well, actually Fantasy has the dancer Soolin, who is sex on heels. But anyway.......

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: THEhotel at Mandalay Bay

Post Posted: April 11th, 2012, 3:26 pm 
Nice reviews, personally for Zumanity I found the hoops girl the hottest part of the show followed by the ropes girls, but the glass skit was very sexy in a tamer way. I have been torn on wheher to check out Fantasy and with the rating you give may pass on it. Definitely may have to check out Crazy Girls thoughm sounds FUN!!

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: April 12th, 2012, 6:41 pm 
Yeah, I think I would delete both the opening Zumanity skit and the roller skaters from my list of top hottest skits.....I'll revise.

Favorite Property: Rio

Post Posted: October 19th, 2012, 6:58 pm 
Rog, Peepshow-- any nudity? What should one expect on skin level?

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: October 19th, 2012, 7:19 pm 
Evan614 wrote:
Rog, Peepshow-- any nudity? What should one expect on skin level?

Yep, boobs. Pretty mild stuff though. I actually find the girls on VTS to be hotter, even though they are always fully clothed.

Jump to: