Post Posted: August 15th, 2012, 11:19 am 
‘Absinthe’ now a permanent (or at least open-ended) fixture on the Strip

We're about John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere . . . way out here."
.....................................- - Josh Thompson

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: Vdara

Post Posted: August 15th, 2012, 2:31 pm 
This was long-rumored and Tony Hernandez AKA Tony Tightropes kind of let the cat out of the bag a few weeks back on Twitter and the tweet quickly disappeared and not too long after that, his account become locked so that any new followers have to be approved by him (Similar to what Angel Porrino did on Twitter last September after the last show of the first run.). Some of the improvements to the performance space in recent months pointed to a longer run for the show as well. One thing about the show is that acts can come and go (like the skating act) and be replaced. The article's prediction of a "prominent member" of the cast leaving the show by the end of the year is probably pointing towards Angel Porrino taking over Peepshow once Holly leaves the production in December (Angel has had a contract with that show as a fill-in for Holly and slotting her in to replace Holly is a no-brainer.). Even if the actor that portrays The Gazillionaire were to leave, they can have someone step into the role, which has occurred as that actor has occasional Cirque Du Soleil commitments for some of their touring productions. What's interesting is that the "other" Gazillionaire has appeared in many of the photos last year when the show was getting tons of attention.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: August 15th, 2012, 2:42 pm 
I wouldn't miss Angel. She doesn't really fit in anyway, compared to the very fit women in the rest of the cast.

I do miss the original skaters, I thought they were better than the current ones.

The substitute Gaz actually did a pretty decent job, though he doesn't show his nads.........

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: August 15th, 2012, 3:48 pm 
The only time we saw the show, (with rog)it was the substitute Gazilionaire. Can't compare the two, but we thought he was good.

We didn't see Angel perform because the balloon popped and she ran away.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: August 15th, 2012, 4:40 pm 
All three times I've seen the show, it was the "other" Gaz, so I'm hoping that the real Gaz will be doing the show when I see it again in October. The weekend I was out there in December, Angel was filling in for Holly over at Peepshow, so that bit was out of the show and the new skating act had still not gotten their work visas straightened out at the time either.

According to the article, the skaters from their sister show "Empire" will be joining the show ("Empire" ends its' run in NYC in late September), and they're not too bad:

They need to ditch the "Gazillionaire's Bodyguards" acrobatic act and bring in these gals from "Empire":

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: August 15th, 2012, 4:49 pm 
I love that they let folks film. It hasn't stopped people from seeing the show.

I sure would rather see those girls than the bodyguards, but my wife was quite impressed with those bodyguards. She thought they were the best duo of those type that she has seen.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: August 15th, 2012, 5:02 pm 
Empire has a lot of acts that could easily be slotted into Absinthe if necessary as they are variations of acts already in the show. There's also a few that are quite unique that would be interesting additions to the show, like this guy:

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: August 15th, 2012, 8:47 pm 
That's not news. I probably didn't mention it on here, but when we picked up the $20 off coupons on 30 April, I mentioned to the guy that I had been hoping to see it on 1 May but the performance had been cancelled. He said that was because they had been made permanent and were closed to make some alterations to the set.

Jump to: