VegasJonesing.com

Jonesing for Vegas Forum
It is currently August 24th, 2019, 7:19 am
Board index » Jonesing For Vegas » Shows and Entertainment

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: Where am I?

Post Posted: December 7th, 2011, 2:29 pm 
Is Absinthe worth seeing? Is $65 bucks a good price for it?

http://www.travelzoo.com/entertainment/ ... dium=email

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Favorite Property: Rio

Post Posted: December 7th, 2011, 2:31 pm 
Absinthe, when it originally came out, was the talk of the board. Easy yes. (I didn't see it- wish I did.)
I think the cast has changed a little, but I still think you'll get yes from everyone.

price... not sure.

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: Vdara

Post Posted: December 7th, 2011, 4:06 pm 
Yes it is worth seeing at that price. Now I do believe you can get discounted tickets from the usual places as well. Then again, I've splurged on the VIP tix, which get you in first. Not sure entirely how the VIP thing goes now that everything is inside of a single tent.

The show must be doing quite well, as I've heard they've been selling out performances on the weekends quite a bit. I'm going to see it again on Friday night, but am slightly disappointed Angel Porino won't be there this weekend doing her balloon trick, as she's filling in for Holly Madison in Peepshow this week (Which is a show I'm planning to see this weekend since I'm getting the All Stage Pass and hitting at least 5-6 shows using it.).

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: December 7th, 2011, 5:28 pm 
My wife gets cold quite easily. Is this going to be a miserable experience for her this time of year in a tent?

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: December 7th, 2011, 5:44 pm 
kream wrote:
My wife gets cold quite easily. Is this going to be a miserable experience for her this time of year in a tent?

The tent is climate controlled, and even more so than the previous tent, which couldn't take the wind and the rain. Similar tents like this are used for shows all over the world, especially by Cirque's touring productions. If it wasn't climate controlled, they wouldn't be having it during the cooler months.

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: Rio

Post Posted: December 7th, 2011, 6:37 pm 
You can get $20 off vouchers from people roaming around that area. They wear white jackets with gold lapels and gold shoes. Also, there were ads on Caesars' food court on how to get $20 off. I forget the codes right now, but will have a look and post tomorrow if I can find them.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: December 7th, 2011, 8:38 pm 
thanks ya'all

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: December 8th, 2011, 1:57 am 
Most definitely worth seeing, but I wouldn't pay full price. You can get advance tix $20 off, which is close to the tix4tonite price anyway.

There was a report of the high wire guys on hiatus after a pole went into the audience. Not sure if they are back.

Angel Porrino is no loss Vespa, she is a bit out of place in the show because the other girls are all so much hotter and athletic.

The original skaters are gone. It's a loss, but oh well, still a good show.

Melody Sweets is actually a burlesque starlet, I did not know that. She performs her own songs. I just bought Slice of Heaven so I can listen at home.....

The tent is temp controlled but nowhere near as nice as the original.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: December 17th, 2011, 10:04 am 
The high wire act is back, as they had to string some wires across the tent that if they were to drop a pole, would prevent the pole from hitting someone one the ground.

The new skating act was not in the show when I saw it last weekend, but is supposed to be in this weekend as their visa issues have been settled.

I have also heard about some upcoming tweaks to some of the acts to add a new element to them.

There are still folks handing out $20 off coupons for the show. I grabbed one and caught the show for a second time on Sunday.

The show didn't seem to lose anything with Angel not being in the show last week. The show is so jam packed that you can leave out an act and the show not lose anything. That's the mark of a great variety show.

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: COSMO/WYNN

Post Posted: December 18th, 2011, 10:02 pm 
BEST SHOW IN VEGAS

Jump to: