VegasJonesing.com

Jonesing for Vegas Forum
It is currently October 22nd, 2019, 2:59 pm
Board index » Jonesing For Vegas » Shows and Entertainment

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: October 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm 
Since I enjoy Vegas The Show so much, I am wondering if, contrary to my gut instincts, I might like Jubilee.

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: Vdara

Post Posted: October 23rd, 2011, 8:03 pm 
Jubilee is on my list to see in December, as I'm planning on getting that 48 pass Caesars Entertainment sells. It's the last of the old school production shows in Vegas, so there's definitely going to be an old school feel to the show (It opened in August of 1981.) as a lot of the original sets are still being used.

Standard Member

Post Posted: October 23rd, 2011, 8:23 pm 
Sorry Rog, I can only give you half an answer from my trip this summer:

Quote:
"But it’s off again to get more tickets, this time to Jubilee! By the time I get there and get my tickets it was almost time to line up, so I play some Blazing 777s and then get my picture taken with a showgirl who is at least 7 feet tall.

My seat is in row U. I hand my ticket to the usher, “Do you want to move up?” Do I? Thanks! Now I’m in row E, on the aisle.

Jubilee! is the last full production show on the strip. It features hundreds of dancers and thousands of costumes. There are 4 main acts: Opening, Samson & Delilah, Titanic, and Closing. In between each main act there are shorter interludes to allow for set changes. The music is from the 20’s and 30’s. I want to be careful here. I don’t want to discourage anybody from going. There are going to be people who love the show. I am not one of them. I’m glad I went, as the sets and production was awesome. The costumes and dancers were beautiful. And a lot of the dancers were topless. The guy’s outfits in Samson were leather codpieces and thongs. It just seemed kind of bland to me. Again I had issues with the sound engineer’s work as well as the recorded accompaniment. The orchestration seemed over produced with too much going on. But again, that’s a person opinion."

And when I said a lot of the dancers were topless, I mean A LOT. Almost to the point of being pointless. I'm glad I went, but won't go again.

Vespa, I did the pass and loved it. I think I did 7 shows in two days. If you play carefully, you can see a lot. Watch out for show's dark days. The only downside is that I didn't feel like I could linger for photos, meet & greets, etc. because I wanted to be sure to get the next set of tickets. That may be just me, though.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: October 23rd, 2011, 8:29 pm 
Oh, I do recall reading that, now that you reposted.

Doesn't sound like Jubilee is much like Vegas The Show. Jubilee sounds like its anchored with some fairly big production numbers, and no live band?

VTS has a bit more of a variety-show style, not like the show V, but more in the old Vegas style, like what might have been in the clubs back then. And in thinking about it, the live band is one of the things that makes it enjoyable.

Standard Member

Post Posted: October 23rd, 2011, 10:20 pm 
rog wrote:
Doesn't sound like Jubilee is much like Vegas The Show. Jubilee sounds like its anchored with some fairly big production numbers, and no live band?

VTS has a bit more of a variety-show style, not like the show V, but more in the old Vegas style, like what might have been in the clubs back then. And in thinking about it, the live band is one of the things that makes it enjoyable.

Exactly, the music is canned. Between the production numbers are smaller acts, gymnasts and the like, while the sets are changed. Los Huincas Gauchos were pretty cool and different.

I will say that it is very non threatening and barely (HA!) sexy. While it's not my thing, I could see it as an introduction if someone isn't sure about seeing a topless show. Plus there's tons of feathers and rhinestones.

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: Rio

Post Posted: October 24th, 2011, 3:21 am 
I'll be able to give you a comparison Wednesday evening.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: October 24th, 2011, 10:06 am 
I have seen Vegas the Show twice and Jubilee 4 times. I like them both. If I had to choose one, it would be Jubilee. I like the large production of Jubilee. Jubilee shows its age with the kinds of numbers they do and it may seem slow to some people. The costumes and the sheer size of the production along with some talented performers make Jubilee a good show.

Edit: Let me add, they are two different shows. Vegas the Show deals with the history of Las Vegas concentrating on the music and entertainers. Jubilee does not. Jubilee is an old school, big spectacle kind of thing. You cannot really compare the two shows. You make like both, dislike both, or fall somewhere in between but they each have their merits and both are very good shows!

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: October 24th, 2011, 1:35 pm 
We've seen both and they are very different shows. We liked both, but can't compare them.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: October 25th, 2011, 2:10 pm 
Went to see Jubilee a few years back, go moved to the front row after buying a cheap ticket cause the place was only half full (we went on a wed.night or something like that) great show, lotsa boobies and they all have perfect nipples which was kewl, but odd at the same time

Jump to: