VegasJonesing.com

Jonesing for Vegas Forum
It is currently August 24th, 2019, 7:01 am
Board index » Jonesing For Vegas » Shows and Entertainment

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: October 17th, 2011, 3:23 pm 
Has anyone seen any discount tix information for Absinthe? They used to have easily available $20 off codes, which brought their price to essentially the same as Tix4Tonite.

Has anyone seen Bite (at the Strat) recently? I only saw it once, within about 6-9 months of when it opened. It was pretty terrible, but now it's been around so long I am wondering if I should stop by.

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: Rio

Post Posted: October 17th, 2011, 3:30 pm 
I haven't seen any discounts around for Absinthe. It may be too early yet. When does it re-open?

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: Vdara

Post Posted: October 17th, 2011, 3:51 pm 
It's supposed to reopen this Friday.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: October 17th, 2011, 4:14 pm 
I have had Bite on my to do list for years, looking forward to a review if you visit it again Rog. When's your next trip by the way? I'll be out there 11/11 through 11/17

Profile WWW  

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: Rio

Post Posted: October 17th, 2011, 5:02 pm 
Vegval or abs20 are supposed to still work on some sites. Don't know if they will work at the kiosk though. I'll try to stop by and ask when its re-opens.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: October 17th, 2011, 9:02 pm 
Jinx, I am there next week. Hopefully we'll overlap again soon, had a great time in DT crashing people's cabanas, saying "hi" to the Fantasy ladies, and seeing the gagle of Santas invade GGG.........

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: October 18th, 2011, 12:20 pm 
rog wrote:
Jinx, I am there next week. Hopefully we'll overlap again soon, had a great time in DT crashing people's cabanas, saying "hi" to the Fantasy ladies, and seeing the gagle of Santas invade GGG.........

And those were just the moments we remember !! It was outstanding my friend, I don't know which one of those was better, although I do vividly remember the Irish chick in the cabanas wanting to fight with me and the Santa being whipped off the stage by one leg. Good times..

Profile WWW  

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: October 18th, 2011, 12:35 pm 
I recall the almost-ruckus with the Irish woman, but I forgot what caused it?

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: COSMO/WYNN

Post Posted: October 18th, 2011, 4:45 pm 
They sell discounted tickets before the shows at the ticket both out front. When I was there over Labor Day weekend I bough tickets for like $50 bucks each with the $20 off coupon they were handing out in front. The show ended up selling out and turned out to be the most entertaining show I have ever seen. I would just wait and get them out front they seem to be easily available 3 hours prior to the show.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: October 18th, 2011, 4:54 pm 
throwbackid wrote:
They sell discounted tickets before the shows at the ticket both out front. When I was there over Labor Day weekend I bough tickets for like $50 bucks each with the $20 off coupon they were handing out in front. The show ended up selling out and turned out to be the most entertaining show I have ever seen. I would just wait and get them out front they seem to be easily available 3 hours prior to the show.

With the new run starting, nobody is sure about what sort of discounts they may be running for it and whether the types of discounts they ran previously will continue. One thing to note is that they've raised ticket prices, as I bought a VIP ticket for December and it was $11.30 more than when I bought a similar ticket in April for my June trip (I've heard the prices went up $10 and the extra $1.30 are the taxes.).

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: October 18th, 2011, 6:09 pm 
Who knows? What I know is the show is excellent. I am usually very board at any type of show but this held my whole attention. And for the price I won't second guess it at twice the price. Just stay away from Caesars and their ancient dealers and prehistoric cocktail waitresses. It's still better then the new thing here in the STL which is to hire men to serve drinks, just doesn't feel right. Anyway I give it 2 thumbs up and we will be going back.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: October 18th, 2011, 6:25 pm 
throwbackid wrote:
Who knows? What I know is the show is excellent. I am usually very board at any type of show but this held my whole attention. And for the price I won't second guess it at twice the price. Just stay away from Caesars and their ancient dealers and prehistoric cocktail waitresses. It's still better then the new thing here in the STL which is to hire men to serve drinks, just doesn't feel right. Anyway I give it 2 thumbs up and we will be going back.

My upcoming trip it's going to be hard to stay away from Caesars since I'm staying there. Snagged a nice TR rate for the Forum Tower.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: October 18th, 2011, 6:59 pm 
The hotel is nice but I have NEVER had any sort of luck in that place, love the location though.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: October 18th, 2011, 7:02 pm 
throwbackid wrote:
The hotel is nice but I have NEVER had any sort of luck in that place, love the location though.

When I walked through it back in March, that was the first time I actually gambled there, and of course the slots seemed tight as well, but I was putting some points on my TR card.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: October 18th, 2011, 9:04 pm 
rog wrote:

Actually in thinking about it now, she was Scottish, she thought I implied she was Irish (which I didn't) which ticked her off. I think she just wanted to fight.

Profile WWW  

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: October 18th, 2011, 10:52 pm 
Absinthe at twice the price? It's a good show, but I won't even pay full price. If there's no discount, I'll just wait. Ever since I found tix4tonite, I haven't paid full price for any show, except for a few limited special circumstances.

Standard Member

Post Posted: October 19th, 2011, 8:18 pm 
vespajet wrote:
With the new run starting, nobody is sure about what sort of discounts they may be running for it and whether the types of discounts they ran previously will continue. One thing to note is that they've raised ticket prices, as I bought a VIP ticket for December and it was $11.30 more than when I bought a similar ticket in April for my June trip (I've heard the prices went up $10 and the extra $1.30 are the taxes.).

I was meaning to ask if you thought the VIP was worth it. I guess you do.

My buddy and I are going in late December and I was wondering if we should pay the extra. I think we'll put buying the tix in a holding pattern. Wait and see about discounters and coupons.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: October 19th, 2011, 8:57 pm 
Having first crack at the seats is a plus, and the VIP speakeasy bar was cool as well. I've seen some of the seats they are going to have in the new tent, and they may be popular seats for those that want to watch the show but not become part of the show. Myself, I'm going to park myself up in the front row again and hope I get verbally abused by the Gazillionaire and Penny Pibbets like I did when I saw the show back in June.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: October 20th, 2011, 8:18 pm 
I read a blurb about Bite in a recent one of those Vegas promotional magazines. The description of the show sounded pretty much like what I remember......so I think it will stay low on my priority list.

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: THEhotel at Mandalay Bay

Post Posted: October 21st, 2011, 4:55 pm 
jinx wrote:
rog wrote:

Actually in thinking about it now, she was Scottish, she thought I implied she was Irish (which I didn't) which ticked her off. I think she just wanted to fight.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: As a Scot myself with a GGdad who came here from Scotland I can tell ya the only thing that will get a Scot to fight faster than saying Irish Whisky is better tha Scotch is to call them an Irish person. Scots love to fight almost as much as we love to drink good whiskey and eat bad food. Ya got lucky :thumbup:

Jump to: