Favorite Property: Rio

Post Posted: February 1st, 2014, 10:35 am 
cute gal in the image

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: February 1st, 2014, 11:08 am 
Evan614 wrote:
cute gal in the image

Haha! I just wondered what the drink on the left was. I thought the other one may be water.

Will you be doing the BAC readings this trip?

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: February 1st, 2014, 8:38 pm 
Oh how I wish! We had 3 more inches of snow today!! :banghead:

Jonesing Member

Favorite Property: Vdara

Post Posted: February 1st, 2014, 9:39 pm 
skybank wrote:
Oh how I wish! We had 3 more inches of snow today!! :banghead:

I was wishing I was in Vegas when I was stuck in winter weather-related gridlock traffic Tuesday afternoon. The amount of time it took me to get home Tuesday afternoon was slightly longer than it takes me to fly to Vegas.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: February 2nd, 2014, 7:08 pm 
No BAC monitor yet Pebs, these friends are not super heavy drinkers.....

Well so we did Rhino of course, Rose Rabbit Lie, Wicked Spoon. I also got a quick bite at 5/50.

RoseRabbitLie was interesting and worth seeing--but not at the prices they are charging. Absinthe is better and less expensive.

I am officially underwhelmed by the Wicked Spoon dinner buffet. Just regular food IMO that doesn't justify the price.

I liked 5/50 and found it indistinguishable from Secret Pizza. Plus my cashier was a real cutie.......

I went to bed wayyy to late on Friday and am still paying for it. My head hit the sack at 4:50am........I should have known going to the Rhino at 2am was a bad bad idea......

I am a couple hundred dollars up in gambling so far, with a fair bit of coin-in. Last night I put 1300 points on my Wynn card that cost me nothing--I cashed out $2 ahead. Drink service was horrible though.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: February 2nd, 2014, 8:43 pm 
RoseRabbitLie does sound a bit pricey. Was it busy? Maybe they will reduce the price a bit if they aren't getting enough people in there.

Yes, that is definitely late!

I think I want one of those BAC readers. Where did you get it from?

Enjoy the rest of the trip.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: February 2nd, 2014, 9:04 pm 
Pebs, Amazon sells personal BAC meters.

Louie DePalma 'Taxi'

Post Posted: February 3rd, 2014, 12:17 am 
rog wrote:
I am a couple hundred dollars up in gambling so far, with a fair bit of coin-in. Last night I put 1300 points on my Wynn card that cost me nothing--I cashed out $2 ahead. Drink service was horrible though.
Wow that is great gaming. Sorry to hear the drink service was weak.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: February 7th, 2014, 4:51 pm 
RRL was about 3/4 full. There is already a LivingSocial offer on it, but you have to pick days. I am going again but this time to the 10pm show, where they have cocktail service and some additional fun after the show. I think you can get the additional stuff with the 8pm show too, but you have to come back.

I also saw MJ One again, this time less inebriated LOL.....It's an ok show. I think they have slimmed it down a bit with less of the nostalgic stuff, which I considered surplusage anyway. The skits I liked most were still the LED-lit dancers and some Cirque-like pole dancing, which they actually may have taken from the Elvis show. One other thing I noticed was the sound system, which one-ups the Love one. The ability to play music as loud as they do, with no distortion and no hurting of the ears, is incredibly impressive. I would love to listen to my music on that sound system. Unlike a rock concert, it is tuned to be just at the max you can handle, without any effect on your ears after the show. One FYI: they send out water mist over the audience at one point, but it must be loaded with something because it got on my sweater and would not come off unless I picked it off. It was still there the next day. Very annoying, I need to email them about that.

Tried to see PinUp, but they said she was sick. I actually think she just partied too much at whatever Superbowl party she went to.

I bet my first sports bet on the Superbowl, one of those pop cards with a bunch of options. I picked 6 and was one off of getting a $4k payout on a $100 bet.

Tried Lakeside grill at Wynn for the first time. Not particularly impressed. I've had better shrimp cocktail at the Light Group places. Waitress was also not particularly good. Dover sole was ok but nothing special--I've had that at three different places now, so I think it's just not my kind of fish. Not sure why it is always so expensive since I am a fish lover and prefer simple halibut.

Gambling remained ok, I ended up down about $500, but with a whole bunch of points at Wynn, and some at Cosmo. The room prices at Wynn for the weekend made it more than worthwhile to spend that $500. Weak drink service at Wynn was not isolated, and sucked even on $5 WOF. I complained in the survey they sent me.

Trip went by way too fast.......

Pebs I got the BAC thing through Amazon. It was pricey but unlike others it BT's to my phone and takes a micro-usb charge. It is made by BACtrack.

Jonesing Member

Post Posted: February 7th, 2014, 7:00 pm 
I think I found the BACtrack on amazon. It is cheaper in USA, so may get one next trip. I just think its cool to document your evening that way. Sad or what?

I was considering that Living Social deal, but I don't think Tony is keen. We could possibly do the last show when we are jet lagged (sleep early, wake up at 10 pm) and see what he thinks of it. The midnight show is fairly cheap, but a lot shorter, so no problem if he hates it.

The trip was way too fast because you haven't been there for ages, do you have a T- for your next one?

Jump to: