1. Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
2. Members are asked to not act as “back seat moderators”. If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a Mod or Admin. Please use the “post report” feature to report posts. Do not respond to such topics yourself
3. Members should remember this board could be read by a relative or fellow co-worker.
4. Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. It is best to link the material if you think it violates some copyright law. The use of inline ([IMG][/IMG]) image tags pointing to data stored on third party systems should be used and the courts deemed acceptable.
5. Members are asked only to post in English, as this is an English speaking community.
6. Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing".
7. Members should use an appropriate, descriptive subject when posting a new topic.
8. Members are welcome to use the test forum for general "test purposes". These may include checking signatures, testing a link or image, etc
9. Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed.
10. Recruiting members for your own financial gain is not permitted and offending post will be deleted and user may be subject to banning.
11. The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit, remove or put on moderation queue any post at any time. Please note that currently any very first post is automatically placed in the moderation queue and will be approved/disapproved according to the present Rules. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Mod and Admin and not users.
12. The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging abilities.
1. Signatures may contain one image, no more than 80px high, 400px wide. Limit on image filesize prevents detrimental effect on forums page load speed.
2. Text sizes should be between 75% and 100% (small and normal). Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency.
3. Links in signatures are permitted to a maximum of two unique pages or sites. Linked sites may be commercial in nature. Links are included in signature size limits.
4. Users abusing their signature space may lose their right to have a signature.
1. Users are permitted to utilize a gallery avatar or to link to one of their own User avatars are to be no larger than 140 x 120 and may not exceed 15000 Bytes in file size. Remote avatars must have a consistently high availability to avoid removal. Please limit the image file size to prevent slow forum page loads.
2. Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, and so forth.
3. Users abusing these rules may have to change their avatar.
1. You are allowed to mention your website and provide a link to it with in your signature. However, posting a new topic in a forum for the sheer act of advertising a website, with no other value to this forum, is not permitted. If I find one, I do not approve of, I will edit it or delete it.
1. VegasJonesing operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.
2. Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place, as above.
3. Users who feel they have been unfairly treated are welcome to PM VegasJonesing.
4. Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban or other moderator action will lead to a permanent ban of your account(s). Circumvention includes re-registering or using an already registered account under a non-banned username. Other examples include changing IP addresses, using a new email account or other action that can be taken to evade moderator action to hide your identity as the owner of the sanctioned account.
5. An exception to the three strike rule applies when users post insulting, or personally attacking other users which is beyond acceptable. Such users may be subject to an immediate ban.
6. Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While VegasJonesing may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.
VegasJonesing.com abides by the federal Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) by responding to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the DMCA and other applicable laws. As part of our response, we may remove or disable access to material residing on a site that is controlled or operated by VegasJonesing.com that is claimed to be infringing, in which case we will make a good-faith attempt to contact the person who submitted the affected material so that they may make a counter notification, also in accordance with the DMCA.
VegasJonesing.com does not control content hosted on third party websites, and cannot remove content from sites it does not own or control. If you are the copyright owner of content hosted on a third party site, and you have not authorized the use of your content, please contact the administrator of that website directly to have the content removed.
Before serving either a Notice of Infringing Material or Counter-Notification, you may wish to contact a lawyer to better understand your rights and obligations under the DMCA and other applicable laws. The following notice requirements are intended to comply with VegasJonesing.com’ rights and obligations under the DMCA and, in particular, section 512(c), and do not constitute legal advice.
Notice of Infringing Material
Under the DMCA, copyright holders and their agents can demand removal of allegedly infringing content. To do that, they must provide a complete takedown notice. Under the law, this notice must contain the following elements:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
This notice, which must be filed by the copyright holder or an agent working for them, is sent to the service provider's DMCA agent, which all service providers must appoint and register with the U.S. Copyright Office.
Once the notice has been received, the host has to first make sure it is a complete notice and then they are to either remove or disable access to the infringing work. This can be done many ways but is usually handled by simply backing up and deleting the allegedly infringing material.
With that done, the host then usually contacts the client involved, who in turn has the opportunity to respond.
Send notice to:
By mail: DMCA Agent: Evan Newman
By Fax: Attn: DMCA Agent
By Email: DMCA@vegasjonesing.com